2nd Bi-monthly Member Meeting 2016
Venue: Diakonia Center, Phnom Penh
Date: 03 Jun-03 Jun 2016
The 242nd Bi-Monthly Members meeting was convened on 3 June 2016. Based on CCC’s Bylaw, the meeting was designed for participants who are country representatives/executive directors and/or senior leaders/managers of CCC members to attend and bring the common concerns on the development challenges and prioritize the issues to be addressed by relevant stakeholders.
The meeting will be discussed on the following objectives:
- To share information and update members about status of CBO guideline, Global Standard for Accountability, and CCC’s internal milestones which are beneficial to CCC members.
- To share and discuss on civil society space and partnership for sustainable development
- To generate inputs from the members and its mechanism response to development trend.
Key highlights of the meeting:
- Mr. Chat Sophiep had said that Taxation is sensitive issue for discuss and CCC had created the taxation’s task force and he encouraged to all participants to participate the task force especially the technical person for working together to align to the law of Cambodia.
- Mr. Nop Channy, Executive director of Sunshine Cambodia had recognized that the family is the best place for children to develop and grow rather than institutions, so Sunshine Cambodia works with families to enable them to function more effectively. Sunshine Cambodia also works directly with children, especially on education sector.
- Mr. Khorn Bunthong had updated to the CCC activities on the CSO spaces, GHP, process of the CBO guideline and global standard on accountability.
- Panel discussion had discussed in the theme of CSOs space and partnership for sustainable development in the context of geopolitics and governance in Cambodia, the Enabling space for CSOs and the development trend and impact on partnership among CSOs, private sector, and financial sustainability
- Small group discussion to find out the key priorities to responding to the current situation and comment input dividing the 4 sub committees to , the critical survey of the taxation had resulted and extend discussion for the better way and need of member.
- Outcome Partner Meeting Colombia
- Draft ToR of Sub-Committee on Communications and Partnerships
- Draft ToR of Sub-Committee on Enabling Environment
- Draft ToR of Sub-Committee on Financial Sustainability
- Draft ToR of Sub-Committee on Governance and Effectiveness
Click here for view Photos
Other Event Archives
To Enhance understanding on tax compliance with non-for-profit entities. To learn and discuss the real practice of how to register TIN, VAT, tax on salary, withholding tax, and annual income tax. To strengthen relationship and network among finance practitioners and professionals for ongoing learning on Financial Management issues and good practice.
The Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (CCC) was established in 1990, and was deeply recognized as the largest membership based organization in Cambodia. CCC currently has more than 160 NGOs as members, comprised of both local and international NGOs......
Objectives of the HR Learning Forum • To strengthen participant’s internal policy to comply with the relevant laws of Cambodia • To promote the understanding of participants on the Legal compliance on Employment Terms and Condition • To create a.....
To promote more awareness and understanding of application of Taxation Law on the Associations and Non-Governmental Organizations and others (related to tax obligation for NGOs). To enable space for CSOs to raise issues related to the implications of Taxation Law and to solve/address some critical questions related to the application of the Taxation Law.