Hospital Linkage Coordinator (7 Positions) (Poipet, Sothnikum, Staung, Kampong Thom, Bakan, Steung Trengm Chhlong)
Organization : Catholic Relief Services
Location : Siemreap
Deadline : 12 March 2021
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
HLC operates under the supervision of the CRS TB Senior Community System Strengthening Coordinator (SCSSC) or Community System Strengthening Coordinator (CSSC) who is his/her supervisor and report to CENAT/CRS. The HLC takes role in coordination/facilitation among the different departments within the referral hospital to improve TB activities in hospital, providing support to SCSSC/CSSC on payment and logistic arrangement for TB specimen/symptomatic from community to RH for TB diagnostic and responsible for recording and reporting.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
Coordination among the different departments within the hospital to improve TB activities in hospital
- Facilitate to ensure successful referrals and feedback mechanism within the hospital for TB screening and diagnosis.
- Assist / coordinate the triage the flow of the patients and ensure the TB infection control measures will be in place to minimize the transmission.
- Coordinate to get information about clients with TB screening, diagnosis and treatment among different departments within the referral hospital.
- Facilitate to ensure external network and referral feedback mechanism between the referral hospital, HCs and communities to assure completion of treatment and not being lost in the process.
- Coordinate the referral of presumptive TB patients from health centers (HC), community for further evaluation at referral hospital.
Provide support on payment and logistic arrangement
- Prepare and reimburse the transportation fee for TB specimen/symptomatic who are referred from supported HCs and community to RH for TB diagnostic.
- Assist in preparing the quarterly meeting materials and payment allowance to participants
- Ensure the completeness and up to date of record of presumptive TB patient book (TB sputum collection & sending book), patient file, IPD registration and OPD registration.
- Record all necessary information using designed form and report to supervisor
- Collect feedback from TB patients and RH staff and report to supervisor
- Prepare monthly activity report to Hospital Director and focal person at CRS
- Verify CXR/Xpert performance list of presumptive TB patients referred from respective HCs and communities under supported areas.
- Develop a quarterly work plan for her/his own tasks and send to supervisor
- Attend regular meeting at OD/RH level
- Attend necessary training to improve performance
- Prepare activities/cash advance request and prepare supporting documents for Hospital Director to submit to CRS.
- Assist Hospital Director in arranging and organizing coordination and feedback in quarterly meeting at hospital.
- Work with due diligence in carrying out the tasks of the position
- Ensure regular, punctual and full-time attendance to duties during official working hours
- Strive all times to assist OPD/TB, ward/DM clinic/TB, lab and other wards to attain the highest levels of accuracy and honesty in all its activities.
- Draw attention of OPD chief, TB ward chief, DM clinic chief, TB lab chief and other wards chief immediately to any irregularity or other matter of significance affecting the efficient and honest functioning of OPD/TB ward/DM clinic/TB lab/other wards.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by SCSSC/CSSC, RH Director, OPD chief, TB ward chief, DM clinic chief, TB lab chief and other wards chief.
- University degree, preferably health related degree or High School Diploma required.
- Experience in working in TB or health related field or minimum 1-2 years work or volunteer experience in supporting community development and mobilization.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in participatory action planning and hospital linkage is desired.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is desired